So as not to get any “Where is the recipe that you promised to send ages ago??!!” comments from my friends again, here goes the recipe for preparing “Biko” – one of my favorite Filipino desserts for all time!
2 cups glutinous rice ( aka sticky rice)
1 1/2 cups water
2 cups brown sugar
4 cups coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Combine the sticky rice and water in a pot or a rice cooker and cook until the rice is ready.
2. While the rice is cooking, combine the coconut milk with brown sugar and salt in a separate pot and cook in low heat until the texture becomes thick. Stir constantly.
3. Once the rice is cooked and the coconut milk-sugar mixture is thick enough, add the cooked rice in the coconut milk and sugar mixture. Mix well. Continue cooking until all the liquid evaporates. Do not overcook.
4. Scoop the cooked biko and place it in a serving plate then flatten the surface.
5. You can sprinkle the surface with grated cheese if you wish. Enjoy!
There. I think I will be preparing the same on Christmas or New Year!
Note: Recipe credits from panlasangpinoy.com